How does Comeback work?
Comeback works like other online marketplace models. The items you want to sell DO NOT need to get shipped to Comeback. Everything is done at your home or workplace. Whether you are a seller or a buyer, each person must register themselves on the site with an email address and a password. When a seller has an item they want to sell, they click on the green button at the top right of the website that says “Sell Your Gear!” The seller fills out a form describing the item they want to sell, the size (if applicable), the color(s), the condition the item is in, what price they want to sell the item and shipping costs, if any. Then, they simply take a few pictures of the item and upload them to the Comeback website.
When a buyer sees something that they are interested in buying, they can buy the item outright, or if they need more information about the item or want to negotiate for a different price, they can message the seller directly. When a purchase is made, the seller is responsible for shipping the item to the buyer.
Anything that a seller sells for under $15, Comeback takes $2.95. If an item sells for over $15, Comeback takes 20% and the seller keeps the rest. Processing fees will also apply.
A few things to remember when signing up…
- BE SURE TO CONFIRM YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS! The website will redirect you back to your email to confirm.
- Don’t forget to link your banking information, so that when an item of yours sells, you can get paid. This can be done in settings → and then payments section.
- Take good pictures with good lighting and when you post the pictures, be sure they are facing the right way. No one wants to look at an item that is on its side.
- Be honest and truthful about what it is you’re selling.
- IF YOU DON'T SEE THE NAME OF A CAMP OR COLLEGE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, DON'T WORRY! JUST SEND A MESSAGE THROUGH THE CONTACT US LINK AND COMEBACK WILL BE SURE TO ADD IT FOR YOU. Comeback will notify you when the link has been added.